Friday, January 1, 2016

Back into the model room!

I'm back into the model railway and it feels good.

During Christmas the bench work in the new extension went in and Munibung is back in one piece and mounted above the new bench work as a second level. The new bench work in the new room is for staging and storage

It will be some time before a train is running again as the rest of the layout is getting a major redesign. About 80% of the current layout is getting ripped up and more prototypical yards will be built. I also have to build another helix to serve the new multi-level level design.

It has been 3 1/2 years since my Father and I finished the room extension and about 4 years since the last train ran on any part of the layout. I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

The layout is remaining DC for the foreseeable future. There is only me and my Father to operate it. However, DCC wiring techniques will be used should the conversion ever take place.

Changes include; The removal of the duplicated main line, to a single main. Extending the main line to incorporate Munibung. The addition of 2 new branch lines. I have short list of what these will be based on but getting the main line up and running is priority. Adding De Loc to the rest of the layout, a new work bench siding. Less remote controlled points, the "hand of God" will play more of a part.

Pictures were taken before the last piece of Munibung was put up.






3 comments:

  1. Good on you mate! Crank it up. I've been battling the same for many years! Trying to get organised to simplify and achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you mate! Crank it up. I've been battling the same for many years! Trying to get organised to simplify and achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert,
    I’ve just been reading through my ‘blogs I follow’ list, and came upon yours again. It would be great to see an update, a few photos and a bit of a blurb. I really like what you’re doing, inspiring stuff!

    ReplyDelete